How Do Startups Create an Effective Online Presence
Start-ups face many challenges in today’s economy. The biggest is probably how to maintain an effective online presence. There are many components that require different types of expertise. Let’s look at the minimum needed for success in today’s world. The order may not matter, but the details do.
- A business needs a website with a modern design.
- This website needs to be hosted on a reliable server.
- The website needs to be updated regularly to capture Google rankings..
- Search engine optimization should be employed to improve rankings in the Google algorithm.
- Website monitoring is needed for broken links and other problems that hurt it in Google rankings.
- Conversions must be increasing or changes needed to be made.
- Regular posts to social media must reinforce online presence and message.
- Updated video content provides inexpensive ad content and expands outreach.
- A consistent tone and theme should exist throughout all content.
- Branding should be part of all aspects of the internet presence.
- Google and Facebook ad placement must be targeted to the right audience.
- Special landing pages should offer targeted information to your ad or email audience.
- Email campaigns should target information to the best audience for your products.
- Backlinks must be sought to bolster Google rankings and direct people to the website.
- Directories and Google My Business must be kept up to date.
Professional Help Needed
Clearly these tasks require expertise and a varying skill set. The problem is where to find that knowledgeable, creative person or persons.
SCORE, a nonprofit under the umbrella of the Small Business Administration, conducted an extensive survey of 1,000 startups. It found that 96 percent of startup owners were doing their own marketing. This includes many of the tasks listed above.
This is logical. The entrepreneur is on a limited budget and needs to save money. Plus, Startup owners aren’t newbies. These Startup owners tend to have been in a related business for 11 years, according to SCORE. However, owners may drop the ball if they are trying to juggle their business roles and establish a meaningful online presence.
The SCORE survey showed that some 75 percent of startup owners had trouble finding qualified candidates for unfilled positions. So, even if the owner wants to turn over the task to an employee, the talent pool is very limited.
Furthermore, Startups probably don’t need someone full time. In many cases, these tasks wouldn’t take half or even one-third of an employee’s monthly schedule.
Finally, even if you find the money to hire a professional, do you want to invest in the software needed to effectively perform all of those tasks? And do you want to pay for training employees in that software?
For many, the answer is outsourcing to a firm like Elivate. Hiring a contractor is how one-third of businesses deal with the lack of qualified staff, and it’s a fairly straightforward way to get an important job done. It has these benefits:
- Outsourcing targets your money toward the final product, a meaningful online presence.
- An expert team steps in to cover all of the bases.
- You enjoy the advantages of advanced software without paying for it.
- Owners can focus on growing their business.
Elivate provides flexible services that can help wherever you feel you have a deficit. We can work within your budget. Our creative approach will allow you to stay as involved as you want to be. Whether you are just starting out or have been in business for decades, our team can expand your online presence.
You can count on our team to devise a new website or to refresh an old one. We can provide video content, help you plan Google/Facebook ad campaigns, and create targeted landing pages. On an ongoing basis, we can monitor your website, provide SEO content, and facilitate conversions. Our experts can maintain your social media, knitting all of your content together in a cohesive whole.
If you are concerned about any aspect of your online presence, Elivate can help. Call us at 888-853-9644 or click here to leave us a message.